Saturday, June 25, 2011

Nice little run

Today my partner and i run the Women's distance Festival 5K in Reston. It was a lovely WELL ORGANIZED run with markings and course marshals to point the way.

When Laura runs a race with me i am pretty much always the side show no matter how fast i go. She does 5k's on crutches or in this case, trekking poles.
Today one of the runners told her that they started running because they were inspired seeing her do races even though she is disabled.

My run was good. Despite having a hurt left foot i managed to run 21:30 for 7th place overall. I was told after finishing that i was 6th place. Looking at the results it seems it skips from 5th place to 7th place. Fine by me ;-)

I won a nice lava lamp for winning the 45-49 age group.

Later in the day i crept 20.5 miles walking 3 miles of it in the hope of working
out the kinks in my legs. It turns out that it really hurts to 6:54/mile for 3.1
miles when you mostly train at 10-11 minutes/mile ....or slower. Anyway - all part of what it is to run distance ;-)

---- Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment