Saturday, May 14, 2011

I got lost during a 5 k race !

I got lost during a 5 k race !

by Marina Brown on Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 1:56pm
I must get a prize for this. Getting lost during a 5k Race ! I ran a 5k race this morning with friends from work. I was doing really well staying faster than 8 minutes a mile for the first half mile then mostly faster than 7 minutes a mile til the end. At the end there was a turnoff and i was kind of out of it from the pace and i went straight where i should have turned. There was no one directing the runners. I ended up with 26:56 for 3.84 miles which is a 7:00 pace. Ah well. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to me while running a 5K the other day. It was a course that I had run before. A map was available. Several other runners even followed me. Two runners who were going the right way turned around to follow me the wrong way. It took me several minutes to realize my mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so embarassing for that to happen. I guess sometimes we need a little dose of humility.

    Good to see you online. Hopefully i will be getting to one
    of the BUS events soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol ! It was pretty funny. I don't ussualy get lost during ultras but on a short run i was not paying attention.

    ReplyDelete